4 Steps™ Approach
We help organizations create thriving workplaces and we have developed our own Mindfulness-based programs that focus on teaching employees how to acquire the core skill of becoming more emotionally centered. Centered employees create thriving workplaces that soar.
We do this by implementing a teaching strategy that focuses on acquiring the competencies of balance, resilience and optimism through our exclusive 4-step approach.
Becoming more aware is the key to growth. Paying attention to what is happening around us and within us allows us to start to uncover our beliefs. These beliefs cause our emotions and those emotions play out in our bodies.
In this step, you will learn many exercises that will help you better understand what is really going on in your life. We must know where we are in order to move to where we want to be.
Step 3 is Insight and its all about knowing how we are interpreting our experiences. Our mind is always making assessments about what is going on around us and within us and it’s important to know what our narrative is.
Our beliefs cause our emotions and if we want to feel more balanced, it’s really important that we understand these beliefs.
In this module we will teach you many practices that will allow you to become more aware of all your beliefs; not just the obvious ones but the hidden ones.
Step 2 is learning to be compassionate to ourselves. As we become more Mindful we can be very judgemental about what we are becoming aware of. Compassion is all about learning to be kind and helpful as we move forward.
In this step there are many compassion based exercises that one can practice to help build this necessary skill.
In this final step we focus on expanding your skills to enable you to re-frame our beliefs to something more balanced and reasonable. When your beliefs are balanced your emotions are balanced. Balanced emotions allow you to make more balanced decisions and actions.
The science tells us that changing your beliefs are possible and we will introduce you to several practices and exercises to help you learn and implement this skill.
Applying the 4Steps™ Approach
Mindfulness is at the core of what we do and it IS the super-skill that enables all other skills.
From here we teach HOW to apply the skills in the 4Steps™ approach in 5 key areas. These skills and competencies enhance organizational excellence and well-being.
Increasing Resiliency and Well-being through Mindfulness
In our programs, you will learn what it takes to bounce back after a challenge or change. You will learn the skills needed to manage your stress levels and increase your overall sense of well-being.
Engaging Leadership, Teamwork and Achievement through Mindfulness
Great leaders engage and ignite success. They know how to use compassion in order to motivate people to take action and change for the better. Learn how to apply Mindful Leadership skills in your life as a leader.
Enhancing Communication through Mindfulness
Communication is fast becoming a lost art. We are distracted and much of the time we do not listen. We are not in-tune to the needs of others and as a result may not know how to communicate effectively to them. To good news is that Mindful Communication is a trainable skill.
Unleashing Creativity and Innovation through Mindfulness
Openness allows inspiration to blossom and grow. We do not allow ourselves to think out of the box and when we do we pre-maturely judge what comes up. We can teach you how to increase your creativity in order to gain that creative advantage.
Reducing Bias and Increasing Inclusion through Mindfulness
We are always making assumptions about ourselves, others and our experiences. Those assumptions may be inaccurate and the 4 Steps to Balance™ approach allows us to be more aware of these false narratives. Mindfulness, Compassion and Insight allows us to counter our automatic biases and become more balanced in our decisions and actions.
Our Corporate Programs
Our corporate programs have a multi-pronged approach to ensure success. You can start with a simple introduction presentation and build from there. The following are the options available to your organization.
- Introductory Presentation: Start with an Introductory Presentation that promotes your new Mindfulness initiative to your employees.
- Optimistic Brain App: Allow your employees to access the Optimistic Brain App and its premium content. There are many short video lessons, blogs, daily tips, and various exercise types, including meditations, journaling, mini-exercises, real-world exercises etc.
- Live Guided Meditation Sessions: These are 30-minute sessions that allow participants to practice what they are learning during work hours. We have a selection of 13 themes that focus on practicing the skills laid out in our 4Steps™ approach. Learning content is one thing. One must practice in order to improve skills. These sessions also really help build a community of support.
- Meditation Host Training: We can also train some of your employees on how to host meditation sessions of their own at work. This allows the participants to really practice and create a community.
- Full Courses: We have some wonderful courses that are in-depth and allow for a greater understanding and practice. These are perfect for those employees who want to broaden their knowledge and skills. They are available Live (In-Person or Virtually) or Online on our On-Demand platform.
- Town Hall: We wrap up any full program with a final capstone presentation. This is where all participants gather together after a multi-session program in order to talk about their experiences and get some feedback.
- Pre-Post Assessments: We love to measure how we are doing so having participants complete a few surveys allows us to understand what worked and how best to move forward.
- On-Going Webinars: Learning and practicing allow you to improve your skills. We also teach participants HOW to apply their skills in various areas. We have webinars that focus on reducing stress and improving resiliency, enhancing collaboration, learning to focus on excellence and reduce perfectionism, uncovering one’s values and using them as your guiding light, learning to mindfully communicate, what is emotional intelligence and how can you developed this super skill, learning to pause before reacting, assessment versus judgment etc…
Based On The Latest Science
The 4Steps™ To Balance program is a comprehensive program that brings together the latest content from the fields of Psychology, Neuroscience and Mindfulness Practices.
From Positive Psychology to Emotional Intelligence to the latest in Contemplative Science we gathered the most effective exercises and teachings and combined them in an easy to follow format.
John was awesome! His teachings were extremely insightful and motivated me to learn more! His unique approach to Mindfulness was truly inspirational.
I enrolled in one of John’s mindfulness courses and it had such a positive impact on my approach to work. I use the tools he taught regularly and.my meetings have more authentic participation and we get more done! Personally, I feel more grounded as I listen more and talk less so I get the best solutions from my team. I highly recommend any professional take a mindfulness course with Optimistic Brain.
WOW! Building Balance and Reducing Stress through Mindfulness delivers! This course provides, not only the skills to assist with recovery when circumstances put you off balance, but gives you the insight and tools to manage daily challenges with awareness. FABULOUS!
Ways To Reach Us
Let us help you develop your own Mindfulness and Emotional Intelligence strategy to ignite success!